Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Don't Let The Idiots Get You Down

Friday night In The Pocket played at La Puerta Azul on 44 in Salt Point. If you've never been, they've got great Mexican food...but it can get a little pricey. So, being the poor musician that I am I decided to stop instead at Madison's Pizza Cafe in Pleasant Valley on my way to the gig. I figured I would grab a couple slices on the cheaper side, then make it to set up around 6PM.

Traffic was bad. I made it to the bank, hit the ATM, then brought my car to a stop where the bank parking lot meets the road. I look to the left, I look to the right - no cars. I start to pull out when all of a sudden there's a guy crossing in the middle of road right in from of me! I stop my car - he looks at me, I look at him, both of us, I imagine, in disbelief. I pulled the car around him, and as I did I looked at him and said, "They're called crosswalks," in my best condescending tone. And then as I pulled away, he threw something at my car! I'm not sure what it was, though I think it was wallet because he picked it up after he threw it at me. I stopped my car in the middle of the road and looked at him through my mirrors in disbelief. I was dumbfounded. This guy was pissed at me because he was too lazy to follow the law and use a crosswalk and almost got hit by a car as a result. I mean, those are the facts. Angry and hungry, I [redacted redacted redacted] and pulled into the Madison's parking lot only to find that he decided to walk through that parking lot, too. Well, I wasn't going to waste any more time on this guy and I didn't want to get into it with him in the parking lot, so I frustratingly dropped numerous expletives and drove off, not having gotten my pizza.

But I made it to the gig, ate some food at the bar, and we played a great show. Don't let the idiots get you down.

And by the way, if you've never been to Mohonk Mountain House, you've gotta go! We played there on Saturday night and the food is amazing. Way more expensive than La Puerta Azul, sure, but it was slammin'. And grounds are like a damn Disney World resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment