Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Beechtree To The Rescue

I guess this is what happens when Mother Nature gets mad at me, though I don't know what I did to make her angry. Maybe its the fact that I drive a 13-year-old car. Maybe its the fact that I don't always treat insects like they're my best friends. Maybe its the fact that after the Springsteen show Monday in Albany I didn't run after the napkins that blew away while I was eating my pizza. I don't know. But what I do know is that I was supposed to drive to Boston on Sunday for my first game at Fenway Park - Yankees vs. Red Sox, no less - but the plan was thwarted by an April rain storm. Now I have to hope that it isn't re-scheduled for a day that I'm at a wedding, or have a show, or any of the other things that I have to do this summer. Keep your fingers crossed.

So what does one do when you and your friend have plans to go to a baseball game in Boston and its raining? Well, obviously you go to the Beechtree Grill for dinner and drinks. Specifically, you start with a couple Brooklyn Pennant Ales, along with fresh mozzarella on crostini with tomato, fresh basil, aged balsamic vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil. Its quite glorious. Then you have your salad, and while all of the salad dressings are dynamite, the creamy garlic is definitely C4 caliber. And for your entree, you have slow roasted pulled pork with Carolina BBQ and french fries. It also comes with the chef's vegetable of the day, and on Sunday it was roasted rutabaga. Amazing. And then you are too full for dessert, but if legs were hollow you would get the chocolate peanut butter pie.

Now, the above mentioned food is what I chose to eat, but in reality you could order anything off the menu at the Beechtree and walk away wanting more. The tap beers are always changing, the desserts are always changing, and the specials are always, well, special. The food, staff, and atmosphere is truly remarkable, and I encourage you to stop in, get a meal, or get a drink, or dessert, or all of the above. On Sunday it was my plan B, but trust me when I say that it is a stellar plan A.

No comments:

Post a Comment