Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sick Day

This past weekend had so much promise. I got my hands on a set of orchestra bells to record for three songs on the new album, I got myself a meatball pizza Saturday night, and I was planning on spending all day Sunday at the studio editing percussion. But it wasn't to be. Instead, I spent Sunday on the couch.

I guess I can't be 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure that it was the meatball pizza that did me in. A few years ago I got a meatball calzone from the same unnamed pizza place and had a similar reaction. I swear that I had weird dreams about getting sick Saturday night, and when I woke up Sunday morning I knew things weren't right. You know the feeling. I don't think I need to get any more specific. And the worst part is, try as you might there isn't anything that you can do except wait it out. Wait it out. So I did.

And you'll be happy to know that while I was waiting I watched 5 episodes from the most recent season of Dexter (though I still have 6 to go so no spoilers, please). I ended up getting back into bed around 7:30PM, got up at 5AM, and watched a movie called The Perfect Host. Wow, David Hyde Pierce knows how to play creepy. If you've never seen it - and you probably haven't - check it out. Like the illness itself, I don't want to go into too much detail, but suffice to say that the movie keeps you guessing as to what is going to happen or what character you want to come out on top. Thanks to Tony for recommending it.

Then I watched Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows: Part I. I guess it was OK. I mean, I was still feeling kinda sick so how close attention was I really paying? Plus I only read that book once so it's hard to really compare it, but it may be best that way. If you can't remember the source material all that well then you can't be as disappointed, right? I remember feeling so disappointed with the fifth film, specifically the moment when Dumbledore snaps at the students in anger. That never would've happened in the book, and it was that moment that I refused to spend any more money on those movies. But I digress.

I got myself together, ate a small amount of bland food, and went to the studio. Why? Because I needed to get the orchestra bells back whether I was in recovery mode or not. So, I recorded a little more, edited some percussion, and then gave up when I was too tired and hungry to continue. But I was able to get them back to their rightful owner without issue, and I even made it through In The Pocket rehearsal.

But I'm still not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment