Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Saturday Night I Yelled At A Drunk Guy

One of my pet peeves (and I seem to have a lot of them) is having to deal with drunk people when I am stone-cold sober. I enjoy alcoholic beverages as much as the next person, but when I have to engage with people who have had a lot to drink I often times find them nothing but annoying, and sometimes enraging.

Saturday night I was playing Bacchus in New Paltz with In The Pocket. Partway through the 2nd set I noticed a tall guy in a black shirt who was obviously wrecked. He was trying to dance with every girl he could find, and he even gave one girl the full reach-around ass grab. Oh, dude, come on, now. She wasn't very happy about it, and I watched her give him the "This is my personal space, and this is yours" talk. It didn't help much.

Before the 3rd set I used the bathroom. If you're not familiar with the men's room at Bacchus I won't go into too much detail, but suffice to say that there's a trough. Well, I walked in to find this drunk guy standing at the trough, but he wasn't standing straight up - he was leaning forward against the wall face first. Apparently the dude (not "The Dude," just this dude) had drank so much that he (at least partially) passed out while standing at the trough. It was impressive, as I had never seen such a thing. He began to come back to reality as I was leaving.

As soon as I came out I went over to some friends to tell them what I had just seen, and mid-story the guy came wandering out of the bathroom doing his best to retain his balance. But as he moved passed my keyboard he somehow decided it would be a good idea for him to stop for a moment and press some of the keys. It. Was. Not. "DO NOT TOUCH MY KEYBOARD!" Even in his advanced state of inebriation he knew that I meant business, and he quickly moved on with a slightly shocked look on his face. My friends were highly amused.

If I don't know you and you've been drinking, please don't touch my equipment. You can be damn sure that I won't touch yours. But it was a great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment