Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The CyberPR Digital Press Conference

Last Wednesday I spent the day in Brooklyn at my first CyberPR Digital Press Conference. What is a digital press conference? Well, it's exactly what it sounds like. It's a day to get together with bloggers, internet radio DJs, and other artists at the CyberPR headquarters. I knew it was going to be a good day because I got a parking spot right out front and nailed the parallel parking job.

The majority of the day was spent meeting other people at the conference. I've been involved with CyberPR since the beginning of the year (and with founder Ariel Hyatt for longer than that through her books and social media strategies) but had never actually been to HQ, so it was great to finally shake hands with the people I've been working with. And it was fantastic to meet those I didn't even know had done work on my campaign, like  interns working with the company. I had a particularly great conversation with Brooke, who was so excited to me meet, tell me that she worked on my blog pitching, and and tell me that she loves my song, "Shadow." I definitely appreciate the positive feedback from my music.

Musically, there was a good mix of artists present and performing, ranging from Roswitha, to Kent Gustavson, to Scott Krokoff, to Ken Coulson, to Greater Alexander (who drove all the way from Detroit), and more. I could go on about each of their sets, but suffice to say that my favorite performance was by Mike Krenner.

Along with the networking (and putting my CD into the hand of practically anyone who would take it), I had a few scheduled interviews and a 20-minute showcase. The keyboard I used was a lovely piece of...antiquated equipment, but it absolutely got the job done, and performing was one of the highlights of the day. Funny moment: I opened my set with "Over The Edge," and as I sang the first line Ariel Hyatt's assistant, Bryn (hey, Bryn), turned and looked at me with wide eyes as if to say, "Holy shit, where did that voice come from?" The answer is Poughkeepsie, NY.

All in all, a good day. It's nice to be around and included in such a wonderful group of people.

And the food was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment