Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Stuff

So Mother's Day was Sunday. I have three mothers in my immediate family: my mom, my sister, and my sister-in-law. I don't know if I'm just noticing this now or if this is a new thing, but Mother's Day cards are expensive. Wow. I felt like I needed to move a small fortune just to pay for three of them. Anyway, we did a BBQ at my parents' house, my dad made his famous German potato salad, and I got to play with my nieces and nephews.

Before the BBQ, I had an outdoor rehearsal with In The Pocket at Schlathaus Park in Wappingers Falls to test out some new sound equipment that we got (*cough*wirelessmicrophone*cough*). We've got a number of outdoor shows coming up in June, July, and August, and we needed to see if our equipment could handle the setting or if additional equipment and a sound engineer would be needed. Thankfully, we were very pleased with the results that we got on our own, so that's going to save us a decent amount of money. I guarantee you a good time if you come see us.

After the BBQ, I went to the second-run theater and saw American Reunion with some friends. Hey, I enjoyed the first three and I enjoyed this one, but man, did I feel old. The characters, the 90s soundtrack - it got me feelings pretty nostalgic at times. I remember when the first movie came out and it was so controversial. I was in high school. I, myself, have a reunion next month. I'm not going to say what year (you can probably guess), and I'm not going to it, but still. The fact that its happening at all messes with your head. I will try to forget that fact starting...now.


No comments:

Post a Comment